Training young students for enhancing their skills and leadership is one of the primary goal of our department. We recruited five enthusiastic students of BS(Ag) final year to work in our various projects and gain practical experiences in research in Biotechnology. This 2 weeks (June 8-22,2016) long internship is first time in this university. We expect that through this journey undergraduate students will get exposure and learn the ways of doing science. A challenge project is offered to each internee.
Activities of the internee:
- Regular meeting and discussion with Prof. Tofazzal Islam
- Respective work on challenging project
- One day visited forest for mushroom hunting
- Learn laboratory technique (DNA extraction, PCR and gel electrophoresis)
- Literature review and report writing
- Seminar presentation