Md. Ashraful Haque, PhD
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur-1706, Bangladesh.
E- Email: email@example.com
Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (IBGE)
Faculty of Agriculture &
Director (IBGE), BSMRAU
PhD, Saitama University, Japan (2002-2006)
MS, Bangladesh Agricultural University (1992-1994)
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Honours), Bangladesh Agricultural University (1985-1989)
Professor Dr. Md. Ashraful Haque was born on 06 December, 1967 in the village of Ghoppara, Kaligonj in the district of Jhenidah, Bangladesh. He passed the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination in 1983 securing 1st Division from Hat Baro Bazar High School, Jhenidah; and the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination of 1985 also securing 1st Division from the Jessore Cantonment College, Jessore. He obtained B. Sc. Ag (Hons.) from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh with first class (4th position) in 1989 and also he obtained MS in Plant Pathology in 1994 securing A grade from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh and PhD in Molecular Biology and Plant biotechnology in 2006 from Saitama University, Japan.
Dr. Haque started his service in 1995 as a Scientific Officer in the Plant Pathology Division of Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI), Gazipur. In 2006, he was promoted as an Senior Scientific Officer, Tuber Crops Research Centre (TCRC) of Agricultural Research Institute (BARI), Gazipur. He transferred his job and joined Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur in October, 2006. Dr. Haque promoted as an Associate Professor in the Department of Biotechnology in the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Gazipur in 2012. Dr. Haque was also promoted as a Professor in the Department of Biotechnology of the BSMRAU, Gazipur in 2016. He was the founder teacher of this department and developed course content of under graduate program BTL-410; introductory biotechnology and Genetic engineering. Dr. Haque is a member of Bangladesh Association for Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology (BAPTC&B), The Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science (BAAS), Bangladesh Society of Horticulture, Plant Breeding and Genetic Society of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Association of Scientists and Scientific Professionals, Krishibid Institution of Bangladesh, Life member of JUAB etc.
- Kotake T, kaneko S, kubomoto A, Haque MA, Kobayashi H, Tsumuraya Y (2004). Molecular cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of a Trichoderma viride endo- beta- (1 ®6)-galactanase gene. Biochem.J. 377 (pt 3): 749-55.
- Konishi T, Mitome T, Hatsushika H, Haque MA, Kotake T, Tsumuraya Y (2004). Biosynthesis of pectin galactan by membrane- bound galactosyltransferase from soybean (Glycine max Merr) seedling. Planta. 218(5): 833-42.
- Haque MA, Kotake T and Tsumuraya Y (2005). Mode of action of b (1 ®6) glucuronidase from Aspergillus niger on the Sugar Chains of Arabinogalactan-prote Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 69 (11): 2170-2177.
- A.B.M. Zahidul Hoque, Md. Ashraful Haque, Md. Ruhul Amin Sarker, Mohammad Akhlasur Rahman (2015). Marker-assisted introgression of saltol locus into genetic background of BRRI Dhan-49. International Journal of Biosciences. 6 (12):71-80.
- M. N. Islam, M. A. Haque, M. Z. H. Chowdhury, N. J. Mishu, M. M. Hossain (2020, June). A Hypocrealean fungus Penicillifer diparietisporus, first reported in Bangladesh. Bangladesh J. Sci. Res. 31-33 (1) 63-65.
- MA Haque, MR Islam, T Naznin, MJ Maua and MF Khatun (2020, June). Micropropagation of Asparagus in MS-Based Liquid Medium. Bangladesh J. Sci. Res. 31-33 (1) 27-34.
- Shaikh J. Mohiuddin, Ashraful Haque, Md. Manjurul Haque, Md. Tofazzal Islam and Partha S. Biswas, (2020, December). Genetic analysis reveals a major effect QTL associated with high grain zinc content in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Breed. Biotech. 8(4):327-340. https://doi.org/10.9787/PBB.2020.8.4.327
- MR Islam, T Naznin, DR Gupta, MA Haque, M Hasanuzzaman and MM Rohman (2020). Insight into 5- aminolevulinic acid-induced modulation of cellular antioxidant metabolism to confer and drought tolerance in maize. BIOCELL 44(4): 713-730. Doi: 10.32604/biocell.2020.011812 (ww.techscience.com/journal/biocell)
- S Sultana, MR Islam, DR Gupta, MAA Khan and MA Haque (2020). Genetic diversity analysis of BARI potato genotypes through SSR marke The Agriculturists. 18 (2): 01-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/agric.v18i2.51020
- Mir Jannatul Mawa, Ashraful Haque, Mohammad Mehfuz Hasan Saikat and Shah Mohammad Naimul Islam (2021, July). Screening of Salt Tolerant Potato Genotypes using Salt Stress and Molecular Markers. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science. 33(16):49-56. (Article no.IJPSS.70451) DOI: 10.9734/ijpss/2021/v33i1630522